- An emerging Life Sciences company had a treatment for rare metabolic disease
- Some patient upon diagnosis were denied access through Medicaid
- Patient engagement services and HUB vendors were not equipped to negotiate government processes
- Product moved from managed care to fee-for-service with no instructions for physicians and patients to access medication
- The physicians were global thought leaders and time was a challenge for their involvement.
- However, patients suffered setbacks without access to therapy
- Patient families reluctant to approach local state representative and the Medicaid program